So maybe 2021 didn’t start the way most of us had hoped. Things got a little crazy from the start didn’t they?
Well, that’s in the past. Success doesn’t exist in a rear-view mirror. Focus forward.
I’ll never forget listening to Lou Holtz speak at my graduation, “Life isn’t about the deck of cards your dealt; it’s about how you play them.”
Listening to speakers like Lou Holtz, Zig Ziglar, Jon Gordon, John Maxwell and Les Brown over the years is the reason I desired and pursued a doctorate degree in positive psychology. Something in my heart and chest gravitated toward better understanding human motivation.
Watching these legends speak is also the reason I desired and pursued motivational speaking. Zig Ziglar was my speaking mentor.
Friends, the simple truth is that we all need motivation. Regardless of who you are and what title you may or may not even have, motivation is the #1 determinant of your success. Motivation drives belief, action, grit – and results.
Yes or yes … every single one of us has to be self-motivated to do what we do – and do it well?
We need positive reminders that what we do matters. We need to feel encouraged. Others need it from you.
And when we live and work in an encouraging environment, we do better, try harder and go further.
Encouragement is the oxygen of the soul … it feeds us. It feeds others as well.
So to help you and the organizations you belong to continue to kick-off 2021 on a positive note, below are 10 Tips for a Positive New Year (still).
Reflect on these and then share them with others to remind them that they make a difference too.
1. Staying positive is hard work. If it was easy everyone would be doing it.
2. The key to success is believin’ in yourself. ‘Don’t Stop Believin’ is my favorite song for a reason — hello fellow Journey fans. 😉
3. Expect there to be to nay-sayers. That way you’re not surprised.
4. Be mindful of your mindset. Just because you have a daily thought it doesn’t mean you have to agree with it. (click here to tweet this quote)
5. Every single day have something to look forward to. This will help keep your focus positive during a testing moment.
6. Adversity creates opportunities we would not have had otherwise. You gotta GROW through it rather than GO through it. (click here to tweet this quote)
7. Play hookie at least once a month with your partner/spouse. Spend an entire day together doing nothing, or something, together. Kindle the fire. Know their love language.
8. If pursuing your dream doesn’t scare you, it’s not big enough. If someone doesn’t tell you your dream is crazy, it’s not big enough. And if you know exactly how you’re going to accomplish your dream, it’s not big enough. (click here to tweet this quote)
9. It’s not about your “IQ”. It’s about your “I WILL.”
10. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
** BONUS GRAVY: “Don’t strive for perfection. That’s impossible. Strive for making progress. Progress is new the measuring stick for success” (click here to tweet this quote)
Which of these are your favorite? I’d love to hear from you … copy/paste on your preferred social platform of choice and tag me – @KevinCSnyder
How will YOU make 2021 more positive?
SHARE THESE TIPS via www.KevinCSnyder.com/blog
Newsletter / Article Reprint Permission: We grant you permission to post and reprint this newsletter in your publication, on your blog or in your company newsletter with the stipulation that you credit Kevin Snyder as the author and you provide a link to www.KevinCSnyder.com
Connect with Kevin on Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn | Youtube
BECOME A BETTER LEADER & BUILD A STRONGER TEAM!
Download Kevin’s Speaker Packet here listing featured leadership presentations and a summary of 1,000+ organizations he has spoken to.